The fourth Borderlands 3 DLC has been revealed and it’s a doozy. Titled, Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck (try saying that fast five times), this DLC sends players inside the mind of Borderlands 2’s playable Psycho Krieg. Gearbox and 2K want players to ask “what makes the bloodthirsty psychos of Borderlands so uniformly deranged?”
To answer the question, Sanctuary III’s scientist Tannis has devised a hypothesis. She believes the Psychos are driven insane by knowledge of ‘Vaulthalla.’ This mythical and legendary location is a place too good for the Vault Hunters to pass up, however, it’s location is secret.
Except, Tannis believes the location can be found inside Krieg’s mind. So, the Vault Hunters are diving headfirst into Krieg’s “meat castle.”
Borderlands 3 DLC
Inside Krieg’s mind, players will meet “both sides of Krieg’s dual psyche” and work to assist in processing traumatic memories, blasting inner demons and trying to remain sane in an insane situation. In this Borderlands 3 DLC players will;
- Journey through the many demented vistas of Krieg’s psyche, where anything is possible and likely very violent;
- Experience the world as Krieg sees it, including his perception of fan-favourite characters like Maya – the light of his twisted life;
- Overcome a vast array of life-threatening manifestations that Krieg’s mind conjures up;
- Expand Krieg’s mind and Tannis’ research in surreal side missions and Crew Challenges;
- Score powerful Legendary weapons and gear that will still work outside of Krieg’s consciousness, according to Tannis;
- Acquire brain-busting cosmetic items, including Vault Hunter Heads and Skins.
Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck is included in the Borderlands 3 season pass and will be released on September 10, 2020. Alongside the DLC release, a free update will also be made available to all players which raises the level cap to 65; the largest increase since launch and “the last planned level cap increase – at least for the foreseeable future.”