Razer unleashes the Hammerhead Duo for Switch and Mobile
Razer makes some of the best audio peripherals around. Many of Razer’s best products are over ear headsets, but it also makes in-ear audio solutions too.
The Razer Hammerhead Duo is designed for both mobile and Nintendo Switch that features a microphone, Dual Driver tech and distorition reducing sound separation.
There are two versions of the Hammerhead Duo with the mobile version available now and the Switch edition launching in June.
Named the Razer Hammerhead Duo, the in-ear headphones use “custom-tuned dual drivers” to give users the best possible sound. Each earpiece houses a dual driver and creates deep bass and clear high-frequency sound.
According to Razer;
Compared to single driver headphones, dual drivers allow for more effective sound separation and produce clearer and louder audio that is free from distortion – resulting in a crisper, more precise audio experience whether you are catching up on your favourite TV series or music playlist on the go.
The two versions of the Hammerhead Duo are designed for mobile and Switch respectively. Hammerhead Duo – Compatible with Nintendo Switch includes an inline microphone with a mute switch and a carry case.
Both versions are built with an aluminium frame, braided cable, silicon tips in three sizes and a 3.5mm jack. Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO said;
The Hammerhead Duo primes dual driver technology to become a standard for mobile audio users.
It delivers a clear and precise audio experience in a comfortable form factor that perfectly meets the demands of daily use no matter where you are.
The Razer Hammerhead Duo is available for $109.95 AUD and the Switch edition will be the same price.
The tech specs are as follows;
- Frequency response: 20 Hz-20 KHz
- Impedance: 32Ω ± 15%
- Sensitivity: 112 ± 3 dB (Max SPL)
- Input Power: 10 mW/20 mW
- Drivers: Dynamic + Balanced Armature
- Connector: 3.5 mm angled jack
- Cable length: 1.2 m
- Approx. Weight: 17 g
- Frequency response: 100 Hz -10 kHz
- Pick Up Pattern: Omni-directional
- Signal to noise ratio: ≥ 58 dB
- Sensitivity: -40 ± 3 dB
- Volume controls: Volume Up/Down (for Razer Hammerhead Duo only)
- Centre control: Play Pause Accept/ End Call (for Razer Hammerhead Duo only)
- Control: Mic mute enable/disable (for Razer Hammerhead Duo – Compatible with the Nintendo Switch™ only)
- Devices with 3.5 mm audio jack
- Devices with 3.5 mm audio + microphone combined jack