Today, LEGO and Nintendo have unveiled the full range of the LEGO Super Mario Experience. Announced with the starter course and two expansion courses in April, LEGO and Nintendo have now revealed a total of seven additional expansion sets.
That’s not all though, as 10 collectible enemy characters are available to add an extra challenge to each set. And, four bonus Power-up packs give Mario some of his iconic special powers.
The LEGO Super Mario Experience launches on August 1, 2020 and pre-orders are open from LEGO’s website.
LEGO Super Mario
In April, the Starter Set, Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion and Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Sets were announced. Today, the full range adds ‘the Guarded Fortress Expansion Set, the Mario’s House & Yoshi Expansion Set, the Toad’s Treasure Hunt Expansion Set, the Desert Pokey Expansion Set, the Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set and the Boomer Bill Barrage Expansion Set.” Every expansion set has been designed to work with the Starter Set to create an “enhanced play experience.”
In the Starter Set, players will have seven action bricks that create different interactions with the Mario figure. As revealed in April, the “LEGO Mario figure that features a reactive LCD screen that changes depending on the context. Placing LEGO Mario on coloured bricks sees him react in different ways.
“LEGO Mario also features speakers that allow fans to enjoy iconic Super Mario sounds when collecting coins, jumping on enemies and more.” Using a Power-up pack will change Mario’s interactions and create different sounds and visuals.
The 10 collectible enemy characters are puchasable from blind bags for $5.99 AUD each. The characters available are;
- Buzzy Beetle
- Bullet Bill
- Eep Cheep
Takashi Tezuka, Executive Officer and Game Producer of Nintendo Co., Ltd said;
With today’s announcement, 16 LEGO Super Mario sets have been introduced and I am really looking forward to seeing how people’s play expands with these and the unique Power-Up Packs. Each player’s preferences and imagination are different. By adding already owned LEGO bricks onto the Starter Course, and different LEGO Super Mario expansion sets, we hope that people can create various different Mario worlds and continue enjoying them indefinitely.
The full range of products and their prices can be found below.
LEGO Super Mario launches on August 1, 2020.
Full product list and pricing
- 71360 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Adventures with Mario Starter Course (RRP $89.99 AUD)
- 71362 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Guarded Fortress Expansion Set (RRP $79.99 AUD)
- 71363 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Desert Pokey Expansion Set (RRP $29.99 AUD)
- 71364 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set (RRP $29.99 AUD)
- 71365 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set (RRP $49.99 AUD)
- 71366 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Boomer Bill Barrage Expansion Set (RRP $49.99 AUD)
- 71367 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Mario’s House & Yoshi Expansion Set (RRP $49.99 AUD)
- 71368 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Toad’s Treasure Hunt Expansion Set (RRP $99.99 AUD)
- 71369 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set (RRP $149.99 AUD)
- 71376 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Thwomp Drop Expansion Set (RRP $59.99 AUD – available only with select retailers)
- 71377 – LEGO® Super Mario™ King Boo and the Haunted Yard Expansion Set (RRP $69.99 AUD – available only with select retailers)
- 71370 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Fire Mario Power-Up Pack (RRP $12.99 AUD)
- 71371 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Propeller Mario Power-Up Pack (RRP $12.99 AUD)
- 71372 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Cat Mario Power-Up Pack (RRP $12.99 AUD)
- 71373 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Builder Mario Power-Up Pack (RRP $12.99 AUD)
- 71361 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Character Packs (RRP $5.99 AUD)