Warner Bros. and DC have just announced the DC FanDome. On Sunday, August 23, 2020, starting from 3 am AEST, fans will be welcomed into the FanDome for 24-hours. This global event will let fans explore the DC Multiverse and will include announcements from WB Games, Film and TV and comics.
Fans who take part in the DC FanDome will have the opportunity to hear from the creators and stars of shows and movies like;
Aquaman, The Batman, Batwoman, Black Adam, Black Lightning, DC Super Hero Girls, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, DC’s Stargirl, Doom Patrol, The Flash, Harley Quinn, the SnyderCut of Justice League, Lucifer, Pennyworth, SHAZAM!, The Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, Teen Titans GO!, Titans, Watchmen, Young Justice: Outsider and Wonder Woman 1984
During the event, DC and WB will be showing exclusive footage, making huge announcements and inviting guests into themed worlds.
At the centre of the FanDome is the Hall of Heroes. Here, fans can watch panels and experience reveals of films, TV and games. The Hall of Heroes will be available in Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. The Hall of Heroes is the gateway to the multiverse and fans will be able to access other areas from there.
DC and WB describe the other parts of the multiverse as follows;
- DC WatchVerse: Here’s where you grab a seat, sit back and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring the cast, creators and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment and Games.
- DC YouVerse: Venture into this world where the FANS are the stars to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.
- DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world, which can be accessed directly at DCKidsFanDome.com. This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.
- DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centrepiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products and more.
- DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareable; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.
It’s long been rumoured that WB Montreal, developer of Batman: Arkham Origins is working on a new Batman game and Rocksteady, developer of the other Batman: Arkham titles has been rumoured to be working on a Superman game.
Could either, or both of these games be announced at DC FanDome? Let’s hope so.