Keelworks is a three-person studio made up of ex-Hollywood film and visual effects artists who previously worked for Pixar. Both members are self-taught and are using the Unreal Engine to develop CYGNI: All Guns Blazing. A classic, bullet-hell shooter, CYGNI is “An unrelenting onslaught of eye-popping visuals, ear bursting soundscapes and mind-melting action makes CYGNI the vanguard for the next generation of shoot-em-ups.”
In CYGNI, players are outmanned and outgunned. The last pilot left trying to survive. Players will be able to choose whether they prefer to power up their weapons or shields and can upgrade their ship with alien tech.
Set on the long-lost planet CYGNI, Earth’s forces are wiped out from a surprise attack. Now you are the list line of defence.
CYGNI: All Guns Blazing[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”512″ display=”basic_slideshow” gallery_width=”1920″ autoplay=”0″ arrows=”1″ transition_style=”slide” show_thumbnail_link=”0″]
Features of CYGNI include;
- With next-generation visuals, animation and special effects
- CYGNI is a new benchmark in cinematic shoot’em ups
- Be the lone fighter battling through intensely hostile levels filled with waves of air and ground assaults
- Choose where to route power on the fly switching between shields (defensive) or weapons systems (offensive)
- Collect energy to power up your ship and energise weaponry from hard-hitting nukes to inescapable vortex bombs
- Launch air to air and air-to-ground attacks as you traverse neon-lit metropolises, moon-like landscapes and even outer space
- Go one-on-one against gargantuan enemies in cinematically epic boss battles
- Full orchestral score and immersive sound design
CYGNI impressed Epic Games so much it was awarded an Epic MegaGrant to help fund development.
CYGNI: All Guns Blazing launches for PC, PS4 and Xbox One in 2021 and will also be released for PS5 and Xbox Series X.