Based on the wildly popular Wizards of the Coast tabletop card game — Magic: The Gathering — Magic: Legends is a free-to-play MMO Action-RPG. Published by Perfect World Entertainment and developed by Cryptic Studios, Magic: Legends allows players to become Planeswalkers and to save the multiverse from its “greatest threat.”
Magic: Legends will feature some of the most iconic planes from the tabletop game and will see players collect mana-based spells and gather power in order to fight.
Fans will be able to take part in beta testing for the title this year. The very first playtest will include two brand-new Planeswalkers; a Geomancer and a Mind Mage.
Head to the official page to sign up.
Stephen Ricossa, executive producer for Magic: Legends said;
Our entire team was overwhelmed by the incredible response we received from gamers and Magic: The Gathering fans when we announced Magic: Legends last month.
Now, we’re excited to reveal a first look at what makes this game truly special. We can’t wait for players to assume the role of a Planeswalker and collect powerful spells to take on some of the most dangerous adversaries in the known multiverse.
Developed by a team who worked on Neverwinter, Magic: Legends is a new, top-down MMO Action-RPG with combat and gameplay inspired by Magic: The Gathering. According to Cryptic Studios, the key features are;
- Become a Planeswalker – Players can choose from five diverse classes and switch between different Planeswalkers at any time.
- Walk Your Own Path – Players will need to cross various planes to save the multiverse, but how they weave their path is up to them.
- Control the Chaos – Control the chaos in real-time combat. Choosing what spells go into each hand requires strategy, as they will be drawn at random during attacks.
- Collect and Upgrade – Players will discover a myriad of spells and collect spell fragments to make them more powerful.
- Fight Together – The planes in Magic: Legends can be traversed alone or with up to two other Planeswalkers.
Magic: Legends will be available on PC later this year and PS4 and Xbox One in 2021.