The most recent Letter from the Producer Live for Final Fantasy 14 revealed lots of information about update 5.1. We found out that New Game Plus was coming in addition to the Fellowship feature. Also during the livestream, details on the Final Fantasy 14 NieR Raid were announced. Called “The Copied Factory,” this new 24-player Alliance Raid brings “together FINAL FANTASY and NieR in the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.”
Update 5.1, called Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty, is the first major update to the Shadowbringers expansion. It adds new Main Sequence Quests, the NieR Raid, new crafting content, New Game Plus, a new Dungeon, new Extreme Trial, Beast Tribe Quests, PvP updates, job updates and more.
Update 5.1 is bringing lots of new content to Final Fantasy 14, but the most exciting is the NieR Raid so let’s look at that first.
The Copied Factory is being co-designed by Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO and will bring NieR’s signature style to a Final Fantasy 14 Raid. Part of the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series we don’t have any footage as yet. However, part of the soundtrack has been released.
Other details in update 5.1 aside from the Final Fantasy 14 NieR Raid are as follows;
- New Main Scenario Quests – Patch 5.1 introduces the next chapter in the exhilarating Shadowbringers main storyline.
- Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard – This crafter- and gatherer-focused content encourages players to work together to build the Firmament in Ishgard. The new content is accompanied by extensive system adjustments and updates for crafting and gathering classes.
- New Game+ – This brand-new system will allow for replay of previously completed quests while retaining one’s current progression and job level.
- New Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can tackle this new dungeon alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Extreme Trial – Players will be able to challenge a new extreme difficulty trial.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Pixies
- PvP Updates – Substantial changes will be made to PvP actions, alongside the introduction of a new Frontline map and ruleset.
- Blue Mage Job Updates – The first major update to this limited job will feature an increased level cap, new job quests, as well as new blue mage-specific battle challenges and content.
- Performance Action Updates – The addition of an ensemble feature will allow groups of players to create music together.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature job adjustments, Gold Saucer updates, system updates, and more
Final Fantasy 14 will also be at PAX Aus in 2019. A special Battle Challenge against Eden Prime will be available to try. If successful, attendees will earn an ‘I BEAT’ t-shirt. There will also be a Sprout Corner;
If you’ve got friends eager to enter the world of Hydaelyn for the first time, be sure to bring them along to the Sprout Corner! We’ll introduce new adventurers to the realm of Eorzea, the job system and run them through some Guildhests to get started.
As an added bonus, all new adventurers will walk away with a free copy of the Starter Edition, so make sure you don’t miss out!
A special Fan Gathering will also be held in Melbourne on Thursday October 10, 2019. For full details see the information below from Square Enix.
More information can be found on the Lodestone.
We have 200 seats available for this Fan Gathering. To register for one, please send an email to:
Your email needs to contain the following information:
- Your full name
- Your age
- If you would like to bring an additional guest
- The full name of your additional guest
- The age of your additional guest
Please take the time to read our Privacy Notice.
Please also ensure that you have your guest’s permission to share their name and age.
We will select the first 100 attendees on a first-come, first-served basis. The remaining 100 slots will be allocated randomly amongst those who sent an email to the address above to show their interest before 23rd September 23:59 AEST.
Successful applicants will be contacted via email to confirm their attendance.
We will announce on the @FF_XIV_EN Twitter account once all confirmation emails have been sent.
Please note that the event will only be open to attendees who are over 18 years of age on the day of the event. Attendees may be required to present a photographic ID to enter the venue.
It’s a good time to be a Final Fantasy 14 player.