Irony Curtain is an upcoming comedy adventure game from developer Artifex Mundi. Set in “an alternate reality unbound by historical accuracy” this Cold War comedy is set in the fictional country of Matryoshka, players experience the communist versus capitalist story as Evan.
“A low-ranking, goofy journalist involuntarily pulled right into the middle of an espionage stand-off between two powers,” Evan must solve puzzles, meet the odd denizens of Matryoshka and look behind the Irony Curtain to reveal the truth.
According to Artifex Mundi, the game is inspired by the classics of the adventure genre, however, there’s “no dream-logic. No pixel hunting. Just pure P&C fun”
Irony Curtain will feature;
- A spy intrigue story – Sleeper spies, stolen secrets and world-domination plots wrapped in layers of humor.
- Quirky – Strong archetypes with their own personalities, preferences charactersand backstories. Meet the mysterious Leader ruling Matryoshka with an irony fist, the clueless and gullible Evan, the brave and witty Agent Anna, the notorious Minister of Propaganda and more.
- Inspired by classic point-and-clicks – But better! No dream-logic. No pixel hunting. Just pure P&C fun.
- Do it your way – Some of the puzzles are non-linear and can be solved in two or more ways.
- 21 hand-painted locations – that look surprisingly better than their original inspirations.
- 1,951 cleverly smuggled-in easter eggs – some of them punishable by political imprisonment.
- An anthem for the nations – no more irksome elevator music. Irony Curtain’s score is as grand as Matryoshka itself, written by the state composer Arkadiusz Reikowski (known from Layers of Fear, Observer, Kholat, My Brother Rabbit).
- Full, professional voice-over – Fully voiced in English, with subtitles in Polish and German
It is coming to PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One in Q2 2019.