Plantronics has today announced two new gaming headsets coming to Australia. The Plantronics RIG 300 and RIG Pro 400 are designed for both maximum comfort and maximum safety.
Both headsets make use of Plantronics’ Soundguard technology. Soundguard is designed to provide maximum audio quality while protecting “gamers’ hearing against unexpected audio spikes and maximum DB levels.”
These new Plantronics RIG headsets have been designed for gamers and their parents and feature specially designed modular earcups that allow gamers to “remain aware of local surroundings.”
Plantronics RIG 300 & RIG 400 Pro
Plantronics RIG 300 & RIG 400 Pro can be used across PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch and have been unveiled to the world at Gamescom. The RIG 300 is available for Xbox One (HX), PS4 (HS), Universal (HC) and PC editions.
Features of the RIG 300 include;
- SoundGuard acoustic safety technology that protects gamers’ hearing against unexpected audio spikes and maximum DB levels.
- 40 mm drivers that deliver responsive bass for high-definition audio that amplifies every detail.
- Adjustable game volume and mute using inline controls.
The RIG 400 Pro is an upgrade to the existing RIG 400 and is designed with competitive gamers in mind. Features of the RIG 400 Pro include;
- Dual-material ear cushions that block outside noise with moisture-wicking fabric to ensure gamers are as comfortable as possible during long battles.
- Dynamic 40 mm drivers with low frequency resonators.
- The ability to unlock three-dimensional sound with a prepaid Dolby Atmos for Headphones activation code
Dolby Atmos is included only with the HX model for Xbox One and is not included with the HS model for PS4.
Launching on August 31, the RIG 400 Pro will be available for $99.95 AUD from EB Games and JB Hi-Fi. The RIG 300 will launch in mid-September and will be available from EB Games, JB Hi-Fi and Harvey Norman for $59.95 AUD.
For more details on the RIG 400 Pro, head here.