Conan Exiles has exited early access and launched in full
Funcom has finally released Conan Exiles in full. After spending time in Early Access on Xbox One, Conan Exiles has now launched officially for both PS4 and Xbox One.
Amazingly, while in Early Access on Xbox One, Conan Exiles managed to sell over 1 million copies. That figure includes pre-orders in addition to Early Access purchases.
In addition to exiting Early Access, a special collector’s edition of Conan Exiles is available exclusively at EB Games.
The special limited edition of Conan Exiles costs $129.95 AUD and includes;
- A copy of Conan Exiles
- A 15 cm / 6-inch Conan the Barbarian polyresin figurine, modelled after Conan from the Conan Exiles cinematic trailer
- A full-colour print comic book created in collaboration with Dark Horse Comics specifically for this game. The comic book tells the story of Conan on one of his adventures in the Exiled Lands.
- Three soundtracks featuring the music from Conan Exiles as well as the music from Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures and Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer.
- An Artbook. Go behind the scenes and discover some of the incredible production artworks developers used to guide their vision for the game in this full-colour, print artbook.
- A full-colour printed map of the world of Conan Exiles.
- Codes to unlock six full-colour digital comic books from Dark Horse Comics, featuring the entire “A Witch Shall Be Born” story arc.
- A code to unlock the 368 full-colour digital rulebook created by Modiphius for their Conan pen and paper role-playing game.
When Conan Exiles launched, a day one update was released which added new areas to the game and brought the Xbox One version up to the launch version.
While in Early Access, Conan Exiles has seen significant changes. The game world has more than doubled in size, new mechanics and features have been added and the brand new Volcano and Swamp biomes have been introduced.
I’ve included an infographic below that shows just how drastic the changes for Conan Exiles have been.
Funcom CEO Rui Casais was excited to announce just how successful Conan Exiles has been.
Conan Exiles is already one of the most successful titles in Funcom’s 25-year history. This has been a great experience for us.
When I look at the incredible journey the game has gone through in just 15 months of Early Access as well as the very positive development in player reviews over the past few months, I feel confident that we’ve been successful in what we set out to do.
I’m very proud of the amazing work everyone on the team has done.
Conan Exiles is available now for PS4 and Xbox One. Look for our review very soon.