PlayStation Australia is back in 2018 to support Gaming4Life 2018. The Sony Foundation and Twitch have teamed up to work towards raising money for youth cancer program You Can. All gamers are able to take part in the fundraising activities in 2018 and by doing so have the chance to win a 20th Anniversary PS4 console.
This year’s event will run until February 19 with Gaming4Life aiming to raise $50,000.
There are only 13,000 20th Anniversary PS4 consoles worldwide and there are five up for grabs as part of Gaming4Life fundraising event. Four of the five consoles will be given away to the four highest-earning streamers. One console will be given away to one lucky donor. Every donation of $10 is worth one entry into the prize raffle. The winner will be drawn on February 21.
In addition to the five special consoles, there is a huge range of prizes up for grabs. Both gamers and donors have the chance to win prizes courtesy of PlayStation Australia and Sony.
The gamers who raise the following amounts will receive the associated prize.
- $50 — limited edition Gaming4Life 2018 t-shirt
- $500 — limited edition Gaming4Life 2018 mug, plus a chance to win a PlayStation 4 DualShock Controller, PlayStation game pack, PlayLink for PS4 games pack, or Sony Extra Bass Headphones
- $1,000 — Gaming4Life 2018 hoodie, plus a chance to win a Sony Extra Bass Portable Speaker
- $2,000 — Gaming4Life 2018 limited edition socks, plus a chance to win a Limited Edition STAR WARS Battlefront II PlayStation 4 Pro console, PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB console, PlayStation 4 500GB console, PlayStation VR & PlayStation camera, Sony Digital Walkman, or Sony Selfie Camera with 30x optical zoom
- $10,000 — the four highest fundraisers over $10,000 get a PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition console
- $10 donated – you are given one entry into a draw to win one of the PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition. The drawing happens on February 20 2 pm PST / February 21 9 am AEDT
- $50 donation – guarantees you a limited edition Gaming4Life 2018 t-shirt
The Sony Foundation began You Can in 2010 in order to address the lack of age-appropriate care for cancer patients between the ages of 15 and 25. In that time You Can has opened care centres in Melbourne and Perth which has helped many patients spend time with their peers and bond while playing games and testing out the latest Sony tech.
Funds raised through Gaming4Life will be used to open more centres across the country.
To take part in the event either as a streamer or a donor, head to the Gaming4Life page.