Razer today announced the Razer Wolverine controller. Coming in September 2017, the Razer Wolverine is the first professional-grade controller to bring Razer Chroma to Xbox One.
Being hugely customisable is the Razer Wolverine’s greatest feature. Two interchangeable D-Pads, coupled with various thumbsticks and six remappable triggers and buttons make the Razer Wolverine the most customisable controller ever.
Players can choose to customise the controller’s layout and button mapping via Razer Synapse or Xbox One on the fly. An RGB lighting strip can be controlled via Razer Synapse for Xbox One and introduces colour and personality to the controller. It also introduces Razer Chroma to the Xbox One.
The Razer Wolverine controller is the first ever console product to support Razer Chroma SDK and will enable developers to introduce advanced lighting to the controller for added immersion.
Razer is billing the Wolverine controller as the ultimate accessory for the hardcore gamer. The information released states, “Ultra-responsive tactile switch action buttons and an automatic hair-trigger mode with trigger stops round off the optimised ergonomics of this premium controller.”
Razer CEO and co-founder Min-Liang Tan said of the controller, “We’ve taken our time with the development of the Razer Wolverine Ultimate to really get it right. Thanks to endless design iterations and pro-gamer feedback, we’re proud to be finally releasing a new contender for the crown.”
The full features of the Razer Wolverine are;
- Remappable 2 Multi-Function Buttons & 4 Triggers
- Razer Chroma lighting with full 16.8 million color options
- Interchangeable D-Pad – Choice between Individual and Tilting Designs
- Interchangeable Thumbsticks
- Hair-Trigger Mode with Trigger-Stop for rapid-fire
- Quick Control Panel
- Tactile Switch Action Buttons
- Ergonomic Non-Slip Rubber Grip
- Razer Synapse for Xbox app
- Razer Chroma SDK enabled
- Play Anywhere – Play on Xbox One or PC
- 3.5 mm audio port for stereo audio output and microphone input
- Carrying case
- Detachable 3 m / 10 ft lightweight braided fiber cable with Micro-USB connector
- Approximate size: 106 mm / 4.17 in (Length) x 156 mm / 6.14 in (Width) x 66 mm / 2.60 in (Height)
- Approximate weight (without cable): 260 g / 0.57 lbs
Available later this year, the Razer Wolverine controller will cost $229.95 AUD/$259.95 NZD. For more information, head to the official website.