Yakuza 6: The Song of Life dated in Australia, Premium Edition revealed
SEGA has announced when we can get our hands on Yakuza 6 in Australia. The release date, a Premium Edition and pricing were all revealed yesterday and as big fans, we couldn’t be more excited.
Coming to PS4 on March 20, 2018, Yakuza 6 will be available in a regular edition for $99.95 AUD and a Premium Edition for $139.95 AUD. The Launch Edition includes a copy of the game and a Hardcover art book.
The Premium ‘After Hours’ Edition includes;
- Hardcover Art Book – The intense human drama and magnetic world of Yakuza 6 will be on display in this stunning art book. We’ll have more details on what will fill the pages at a later date.
- 2 Bar Glasses (280ml) – Designed with Kiryu’s ferocious dragon tattoo, these bar glasses are the perfect receptacles for your beverage of choice.
- 2 Ice Stones – Cool down your drinks with a pair of heat action branded ice stones! One features the flame heat action icon, while the other has the Japanese “kiwami” heat action icon. Chilling has never been so… extreme.
- 2 Coasters – A true yakuza knows how to relax with class, so coasters are a must have when lounging after hours. Protect table surfaces with style by placing your glasses on top of official Tojo Clan branded coasters. Plus, you won’t need to play the “is this my drink?” game because of their inverted colours!
- An Outer Box – All of these essential tools will be housed within a collectable outer box.
The sixth game in the main series once again places players in the stylish shoes of Kazuma Kiryu. Investigating a series of events that involve those closest to him, Kiryu is risking everything to keep his family together.
Emerging from a three-year prison stint, Kiryu returns home to find Haruka missing. He manages to trace her to Kamurocho where she lies in a coma after being struck down by a car. Kiryu also learns for the first time that Haruka has a baby boy that must be taken care of.
Determined to uncover the truth, Kiryu travels to Onomichi, Hiroshima to confront the Yakuza there and unravel the mystery.
Yakuza 6 has been developed exclusively for PS4 so it is the most advanced Yakuza ever. A brand new engine has been used that creates lifelike animations and physics and much more interactivity. Fights can now break out on the street and transition into the nearest Poppo store or restaurant.
Kamurocho has been completely revamped in this newest title with updated mini-games and brand new locations; including a Cat Cafe! Onomichi serves as an escape from the city and will give players the opportunity to relax and take in the sights.
In Yakuza 6, Kiryu only utilises one fighting style. The fighting has been redesigned to allow for maximum combos, all-new Heat actions and a brand new Extreme Heat Mode. Finally, for the first time in the series, every single line of dialogue is fully voice-acted in Japanese.
The Dragon of Dojima will return to Australia March 20 next year, exclusively for PS4.