Ferrari has announced the return of the Ferrari Esports Series for 2023 and for the first time ever, Australia and New Zealand are being invited to join. The Asia Pacific heats will be open to Aussies and Kiwis with winners going on to face off against racers from Europe and North America.
The Ferrari Esports Series 2023 enters its fourth season and will use a new racing format. Over six months, the tournament pits racers from Europe, North America and Asia Pacific against one another for a chance to race in the grand final in October 2023.
The Ferrari Esports Series has players racing in Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione for the crown and title of 2023 Ferrari Esports Series Champion. The winner also has the opportunity to join the Scuderia Ferrari Esports Team.
Ferrari Esports Series 2023
Registration is now open for the Hot Lap phase of the series and the first track is the SPA circuit. Racing commences on May 1, 2023, with a schedule as follows;
- Qualifier 1 – Thursday 20 July. Qualifier 2 – Thursday 24 August. Qualifier 3 – Tuesday 12 September.
- APAC Regional – Saturday 23 September. NA Regional – Sunday 24 September. EU Regional Saturday 30 September.
- Grand Final Pre-Show – Wednesday 11 October. Grand Final – Thursday 12 October.
Annabel Rochfort, Director of Location Based Entertainment and Esports for Ferrari said, “We are thrilled to welcome the Asia-Pacific region to the 2023 Ferrari Esports Series. With countries like Australia and Japan known for producing exceptional sim racing talent, we are excited to see the level of competition that this region will bring to the table. Our commitment to providing a competitive and
entertaining platform for sim-racing remains unwavering as we grow our esports footprint.”
“The Ferrari Esports Series is not like any other sim racing competition,” said Jonathan Riley, 2022 Ferrari Esports Champion. “It’s six intense months of high-speed racing against the world’s best amateur sim racers, all with one common goal in mind. It’s a chance to sit among the best sim drivers and compete for the greatest motorsport brand in the world.”
In addition to the 2023 series, a new season of video content will be released; hosted by Julia Hardy and Mike Channell. The videos will keep viewers updated on all the news and action from the racing competition. The video content includes;
- Ferrari 101 – returning for 2023 across five episodes, sharing advice and tips for aspiring sim racers.
- Off The Grid – A three-part documentary series following last year’s Ferrari Esports Series winner Jonathan Riley, showing the emotional and personal experience of being a leading sim racer.
You can catch all the action of the Ferrari Esports Series 2023 on Twitch, YouTube and Facebook.