Call of Duty Mobile season 10 — The Hunt — is now live. With the new season comes new modes, a new perk, new Operator Skill and the addition of the Terminal multiplayer map from Modern Warfare 2. Set in and around the airport from the infamous No Russian mission, Call of Duty fans will be familiar with this iconic map.
Designed to be played across to large areas, Terminal is best served by equipping a long-ranged weapon and holing up in the diner or by equipping the brand-new Echo shotgun and taking over the plane.
Terminal also has a lot of verticality, so players will need to be aware of climbable objects in order to keep from getting taken out from above. A height advantage in Terminal means the difference between winning or losing.
Call of Duty Mobile Terminal Map
Terminal Map Overview
According to Activision, Terminal is “is a medium sized map with the action broken into two major areas — inside the terminal and the exterior airport apron; a parking area for grounded planes.” Players inside the terminal will find the northeast lobby section a useful area as it leads to the dining room via escalators. Once inside the dining room, a ladder provides access to a great vantage point over the lobby and the maintenance room nearby.
Gunfights will be fierce between the lobby and dining room as players vy for position. Snipers will also aim to take players out by shooting from the vents at the rear of the diner.
The diner leads to the main departure hall and the security area as well as down to the gangplank. In the departure hall, players can use the bookstore as a connection between two paths and is another hot spot for gunfights and action.
While the departure hall is a larger, more open space, the plane is claustrophobic, closed-in and focused on close quarters fighting.
Use caution on the exterior apron, where players can get views from the plane, the maintenance room, the walkway, and down on the floor level, too. Navigate around the large scattered crates to minimize your exposure to enemy fire, or move under the stairwell and the plane, where you’re not sticking out in the open.
Call of Duty Mobile Terminal Tips
Activision has put together a list of its top 10 tips for Call of Duty Mobile Terminal players. Here they are;
- Fighting inside? Try using the Tracker perk to chase down enemy players weaving through the terminal. See those footprints heading into the bookstore? Follow after them and say hello.
- Trip up your opponents and drop a Trip Mine in the plane the next time you’re running through. The interior is so narrow that they’re sure to run into it. Enemy doing the same to you? Avoid the plane altogether or equip Hard Wired to avoid triggering the Trip Mine.
- Drop a Smoke Grenade and set a distraction. Throw it into the walkway and then attack from atrium or use it to blind snipers back in the diner as you rush forward from the lobby. Switch up how you use it, from concealing your own movements to taking another way while the enemy searches the smoke for nothing.
- Hit Tier 21 in the Conquest Battle Pass yet? The Kilo Bolt-Action, free for everyone who reaches Tier 21, is a great weapon for mid-to-long range engagements. Kit it out for distance and fire down from the maintenance room or opt for mobility enhancing attachments so you can stay light on your feet and keep up with the fight.
- It’s worth repeating the power of the FMJ weapon perk here. You’ll want that extra power when shooting through the myriad cover pieces and obstacles found across Terminal.
- Patience with that Cluster Strike! You’ve got to time your air-to-ground attacks accordingly, lest you waste your barrage on the terminal roof. Wait until the fighting moves outside, and then call in the attack.
- Try equipping the Death Machine or Sparrow Operator Skills. They’re both devastating up close or at range, giving you the flexibility to turn the tide of battle in any area of the map.
- Complete at least the first two steps of the Fully Loaded seasonal event to unlock the new Amped perk. This perk improves your weapon swap speed, so you can switch from sniping at a distance to shooting up close in no time. Just be on the lookout for a weapon to replace that starting pistol.
- Climb everything! There’s no better way to find the best routes than by exploring. Climb up through the front window into the main lobby, and from there take the ladder up to the maintenance room. Look for all opportunities to get over and ahead of the enemy team.
- Enjoy! Terminal is a classic entry in the long-running list of iconic Multiplayer maps. Keep on playing and you’ll find out why. Good luck out there.
Call of Duty Mobile is available now.