Warner Bros and NetherRealm have announced special guests and talent appearing at the Mortal Kombat 11 Pro Kompetition finale, Final Kombat 2020. To be held on March 8, 2020, at Chicago’s Park West Theatre, Final Kombat 2020 will see the top sixteen Mortal Kombat 11 players from around the world competing.
Competitors will include regular-season tournament winners from North and Latin America, Europe, Australia and the Middle East. One finalist will come from the Last Chance Qualifier held on March 7 at the Ignite Gaming Lounge in Skokie, Illinois.
Final Kombat 2020’s prize pool will be $100,000 USD with finalists fighting for the lion’s share.
Final Kombat 2020
In attendance at the event will be Todd McFarlane, creator of Spawn, Keith David, voice of Spawn in MK11, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, voice of Shang Tsung and Ed Boon, co-creator of Mortal Kombat. In addition to the special appearances by these celebrities, attendees will be given a first look at Spawn’s gameplay in Mortal Kombat 11.
The Final Kombat 2020 qualifiers are;
- SonicFox (U.S.)
- BC Dragon (U.S.)
- CGL NinjaKilla_212 (U.S.)
- NASR Tekken Master (Bahrain)
- PXP A F0xy Grampa (U.K.)
- AF DizzyTT (U.K.)
- UYU Deoxys (U.S.)
- PG Hayatei (Canada)
- UYU Rewind (U.S.)
- END Scar (U.S.)
- CGL Tweedy (U.S.)
- Noble Semij (U.S.)
- LOK Nivek (Greece)
- D2-Stabs (Canada)
- Konqueror249 (Brazil)
- Last Chance Qualifier Winner (To be determined on March 7)
To purchase tickets to the event head to the website. If you can’t attend in person, you can watch the livestream on all Mortal Kombat 11 channels; Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, Twitter, Facebook and Steam.
Warner Bros have announced the following for Final Kombat 2020;
- Exclusive first look at the Mortal Kombat 11 Official Spawn Gameplay Trailer, along with other content reveals. Spawn will join the Mortal Kombat 11 roster on March 17 (early access) as part of the Kombat Pack.
- Exclusive reveal of the “Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge” Red Band Trailer.
- Attendance by MK Kollective ambassadors Boss Logic (Digital Artist) and Alicia Marie (Costume Designer), and Jayn_one (Graffiti Artist), with additional ambassadors to be announced soon.
- On-site experiences for attendees, including a first look at the new Mortal Kombat 11 action figures by McFarlane Toys, Spawn-themed photobooth and exclusive Mortal Kombat 11 Final Kombat 2020 promotional products for all attendees. Mortal Kombat 11 merchandise will also be available for purchase, provided by Rooster Teeth.
For more information on Final Kombat 2020, head to the official website.