Darksiders Genesis is taking players back before the events of the first game and reacquainting them with original horseman War. In Darksiders Genesis players are able to choose to play as either War or the fourth and final horseman Strife. War will be familiar to anyone who played the original Darksiders and wields his massive blade Chaoseater just as he did in that game.
Fans of Darksiders will also be pleased to see that War’s horse Ruin has also returned for Genesis. Played from a top-down, isometric perspective, Darksiders Genesis is an action-RPG in the same vein as Diablo.
Playable in both solo and co-op, players can team up as War and Strife to put a stop to Lucifer’s plans.
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”309″ display=”basic_slideshow” gallery_width=”1140″ arrows=”1″ show_thumbnail_link=”0″]
Having both War and Strife in Darksiders Genesis gives players two options for playstyle. Those who prefer melee will want to play as War while those who prefer ranged attacks should stick with Strife.
Players can look forward to the following;
- Blast angels and demons as the gunslinging Horseman Strife, playable for the first time
- Swap between the powerful swordsman War and Strife instantly in frenetic, single-player gameplay
- Explore the epic world of Darksiders and wreak havoc with a friend in two-player cooperative mode
- Experience a brand new story campaign that takes place before the original Darksiders, exploring the origin of the Seven Seals
- Grow in strength and power as you collect items, abilities, weapon enhancements, creature cores and more
Check out the video below to meet War, or familiarise yourself with him.
Darksiders Genesis is launching for PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One in 2019.