Following a successful first week of Dollhouse’s open beta, it’s been announced that it will be extended. Scheduled to finish up today, the Dollhouse open beta will now be playable until April 22.
According to Creazn Studio, the narrative will see players;
Step into the horrifying world of Dollhouse as Marie, a detective trying escape a nightmarish world she created to hide her darkest secret. Can you help her uncover it and escape before it’s too late?
In the vein of other horror titles like Amnesia, Outlast and Resident Evil 7, Dollhouse is like the latter in that it gives you the ability to fight back.
Dollhouse Open Beta
The beta gives players the chance to experience the first two chapters of the campaign. This equates to around two hours of gameplay while the two maps available in the multiplayer mode gives two to eight players the chance to hunt each other down.
Any players keen on giving Dollhouse a crack can sign-up here. Signing up doesn’t guarantee a spot in the beta, as participants will be selected randomly.
SOEDESCO and Creazn Studio list the following as key features of Dollhouse;
- Escape your pursuer as you decipher the eerie story of your past in Singleplayer
- Customize and upgrade your character with 40+ Abilities and Passives
- Scan the environment and see through the eyes of your pursuer
- Investigate procedurally generated maps, no restart is the same
- Murder wisely in online Multiplayer where each player has a different target
- Play with 14 different Multiplayer characters, each featuring unique abilities
Marten Buijsse, Community Manager at SOEDESCO, explains
We’ve received tons of feedback over the last week, and we’re very grateful for that. The developer has worked hard to address the feedback in a patch focusing on improving the online multiplayer mode. To test this patch and give everyone the chance to try the multiplayer, we’ve decided to extend the Beta until after the weekend
Dollhouse launches for PC and PS4 on May 24.
The open beta will end on April 22, 2019.