Dollhouse is a first-person psychological horror game from Toronto-based developer Creazn Studio. Publisher SOEDESCO has announced that Dollhouse will be heading to Steam and PS4 digitally in May. A physical release will also be available for PS4.
According to Creazn Studio, the narrative will see players;
Step into the horrifying world of Dollhouse as Marie, a detective trying escape a nightmarish world she created to hide her darkest secret. Can you help her uncover it and escape before it’s too late?
In the vein of other horror titles like Amnesia, Outlast and Resident Evil 7, Dollhouse is like the latter in that it gives you the ability to fight back.
The trailer below shows the protagonist Marie, suffering from amnesia and investigating the titular Dollhouse.
In order to survive and escape, Marie will need to regain her memories, solve the cryptic clues and escape traps and enemies. Marie is able to remove objects and stun pursuers temporarily. You can see an example of the stun feature in the trailer.
Dollhouse also includes a multiplayer mode which actually allows players to fight one another.
Experience an intense Free-For-All game of cat and mouse with 14 playable nominees with unique abilities. Collect Memories while hunting down your assigned target while someone else is hunting you. Don’t go off script or else.
An open beta for both the campaign and multiplayer kicks off on April 13. Any players keen on giving Dollhouse a crack can sign-up here. Signing up doesn’t guarantee a spot in the beta, as participants will be selected randomly.
SOEDESCO and Creazn Studio list the following as key features of Dollhouse;
- Escape your pursuer as you decipher the eerie story of your past in Singleplayer
- Customize and upgrade your character with 40+ Abilities and Passives
- Scan the environment and see through the eyes of your pursuer
- Investigate procedurally generated maps, no restart is the same
- Murder wisely in online Multiplayer where each player has a different target
- Play with 14 different Multiplayer characters, each featuring unique abilities
Dollhouse launches for PC and PS4 on May 24.