Deep Silver and 4A Games are continuing their promotion of Metro Exodus in the leadup to the title’s release in February. Today, they’re giving fans a look behind the scenes look at the development of Metro Exodus in part one of a part three documentary.
We’ve already seen that Metro Exodus will ship with a photo mode, be bundled with Metro 2033, Metro Last Light and an Xbox One X and we’ve seen an amazing story trailer.
Deep Silver and 4A Games have also revealed the insane Artyom Custom Edition of the game, of which only 10 copies have been made.
Metro Exodus Documentary
In this first episode of this three-part series, we take a look at the development of Metro Exodus over the past five years. We also get to meet the ‘Spartans’, who founded 4A Games.
Their goal was “to rise from the rank of ‘underdogs’ and forge the studio that could bring Dmitry Glukhovsky’s series of Metro novel to life.”
With Metro Exodus so close to release, Deep Silver and 4A Games want fans to understand the core of the game;
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customise your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness, a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over, the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game
Metro Exodus will be available on February 15, 2019.