Team Cherry has announced today that the final piece of Hollow Knight content will be launching for free next month. Hollow Knight Gods and Glory is the final chapter in the story and will come to both PC and Nintendo Switch.
The all-new content won’t cost anything and will include new NPCs, bosses and an all-new mode.
A short trailer was released alongside the announcement which shows some of the new environments and bosses players will be able to tackle.
Hollow Knight Gods and Glory
In addition to Hollow Knight Gods and Glory, Team Cherry has announced that Hollow Knight Gods & Nightmares, the second Hollow Knight album, will be released on August 9 on Steam, Bandcamp, iTunes and Spotify.
The new album is by Christopher Larkin and features all-new music from Hollow Knight.
Finally, Hollow Knight on Switch received an update recently to provide bug fixes and stability. Full patch notes below.
Hollow Knight Gods and Monsters will be available, free, on August 23 on PC and Switch.
- Fixed an issue where save files would sometimes fail to load while Kingsoul is equipped
- Fixed an issue where striking certain invulnerable objects with a Nail Art could cause game to crash
- Fixed being able to soft lock the game (empty dialogue box) by hard quitting out after the final Nailsmith nail upgrade
- Fixed an issue that caused a mask shard to never spawn if a player dies in the same moment as killing Brooding Mawlek (this is a retroactive fix – players who missed the shard can now return to claim it)
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash if the player looks up or down while riding a big lift
- Fixed Shade spawn location in the upper section of Watcher’s Spire
- Fixed an issue where game could soft-lock when opening inventory after obtaining certain items, eg. Pale Ore, King’s Idol
- Fixed an issue with map pins not correctly disappearing once collecting all Essence from a Whispering Root
- Fixed an issue where player could get soft-locked by using Desolate Dive/Descending Dark to slam down onto a mysterious object in Beast’s Den
- Fixed an issue where player could get more Geo than intended from killing certain enemies with fluke spell (sorry!)
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in Lemm’s room by dreamgating in while Lemm is away
- Fixed a text display issues in the in-game map for certain languages
- Adjusted a Shade spawn location that was inaccessible to early players
- Fixed a bug where a Dreamshield could disappear after using Dreamnail on NPCs or objects
- Fixed monarch wings cutscene issue
- Fixed an issue where Zote still appeared in City of Tears while he is trapped in Deepnest
- Fixed splash reactions for Quirrel and Spa Buddies