Razer announces the new Razer Blade, the world’s smallest gaming laptop
Razer has today announced that it will be soon releasing the world’s smallest gaming laptop; the Razer Blade. With a 15 inch screen and having a width of only 0.66 inches, the Razer Blade is available with both HD and 4K displays.
Powered by an 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H Processor, the Razer Blade is both powerful and compact. Although the Razer Blade is small, it boasts an impressive 144 Hz refresh rate and each laptop is custom calibrated for colour accuracy off the shelf.
The Razer Blade’s cooling system is state of the art and features Razer’s “vapour chamber technology” instead of the standard heat pipes that feature in most gaming laptops.
In addition to the “vapour chamber technology,” the Razer Blade also features “Ultra-thin nano-particle material and graphite-based server grade thermal interfaces” which work in concert with “high-performance low-noise” fans to push air out of the laptop and away from the user.
The 8th Gen Intel core can be paired with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 Series graphics for powerful and optimised visuals and gaming experience.
Finally, the Razer Blade comes with;
16GB of 2667MHz dual-channel system memory and fast PCIe SSD storage with configurations up to 512GB, with support for up to 32 GB of memory and up to 2 TB of storage.
Razer Co-Founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan said “We are proud to have again stepped-up as an industry leader, taking laptop engineering to the next level to give gamers the performance they require and the mobility they desire.
“We upgraded to Intel’s latest 6 core processor, used a fast 144Hz display driven by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 Series graphics, and set a new standard for power in the world’s smallest 15-inch gaming laptop.”
Players can connect the Razer Blade to up to three external monitors and peripherals via the three USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports.
The full specs of the Razer Blade are below;
- 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor (6 Cores/12 Threads, 2.2 GHz/4.1 GHz)
- 15.6-inch IPS Full HD (1920 x 1080) matte up to 144Hz, individually color calibrated
- 15.6-inch IPS 4K (3840 x 2160) capacitive multi-touch, individually color calibrated
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 Max-Q Design
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 Max-Q Design
- 16GB Dual-Channel system memory (DDR4, 2667MHz), 32GB maximum support
- Up to 512GB PCIe SSD, 2TB maximum support
- Built-in 80 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery, NVIDIA® Optimus™ support
- [GeForce GTX 1060] 0.66 in. / 16.8 mm (Height) x 14 in. / 355 mm (Width) x 9.3 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- [GeForce GTX 1070] 0.68 in. / 17.3 mm (Height) x 14 in. / 355 mm (Width) x 9.3 in. / 235 mm (Depth)
- [Full HD] approx. 4.56 lbs. / 2.07 kg
- [4K] approx. 4.73 lbs. / 2.15 kg
The Razer Blade will be available in early June and will cost $1,899.99 USD.