Pokémon GO update adds catch bonus
Niantic Labs has confirmed that a large update has been released for Pokémon GO on both iOS and Android.
Amongst the changes implemented by the update, players will now be able to earn a catch bonus as they catch more of a specific type of Pokémon. Other changes have been detailed by Niantic Labs in the patch notes;
Pokémon GO is in the process of being updated to version 0.41.2 for Android and 1.11.2 for iOS devices. Below are some release notes and comments from our development team.
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
- Fixed several audio issues.
- Decreased the evolution animation time.
- Minor fixes
Pokémon GO is available for Android and iOS.