Square Enix announced today that a standalone expansion to Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars will be launching on PC, PS4 and Switch on February 17, 2022. Available digitally across the digital storefronts of each platform, Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden continues the franchise’s unique card-based gameplay and storytelling.
Developed by the team responsible for the NieR and Drakengard series, Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden includes the talents of Yoko Taro, Keiichi Okabe and Kimihiko Fukisaka.
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden
This expansion is set “on a remote chain of islands that have been protected by the Maidens for generations.”
The turn-based adventure will have players follow the protagonist to save the people of the island as they face the threat of destruction. In this touching tale set in a world of melancholic beauty, players will set sail for the high seas, together with Laty, a girl who failed to become a maiden.
A DLC bundle based on Yoko Taro’s other games will also be available for purchase and includes the following;
- Puppet’s Costume – An additional design for Barren, Laty and Lac’s outfits
- YoRHa Emblem – Replaces the design on the backs of the cards with the YoRHa emblem
- 2B Avatar – A 2B-inspired design for the player avatar, which can be used on the world map
- The Copied City Board – A Copied City-themed battle board and gem box
- Machine Lifeform Table – A machine-lifeform-themed design for the game tableResistance Jukebox – Allows you to change the BGM to music that evokes the memory of the androids who fought to the death for the sake of humanity
- Pixel Art Set – Replace all character and enemy illustrations with pixel art
Pre-orders of Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden will be rewarded with the Whale of Fortune Pattern DLC. This unlocks a card that brings “good fortune.”
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden launches for PC, PS4 and Switch on February 17, 2022.