Dwarves are a staple of fantasy, though they’re often pushed to one side. Never really the heroes, dwarves are usually comic relief or merchants selling tech. That all changes with DwarfHeim from Merge Games and Pineleaf Studio. As a co-op (and competitive) RTS and city-builder, DwarfHeim challenges players to build and defend a dwarven city.
Playable by 1-4 players, the game requires them to build their city and defend it from the constant threats of trolls and other dwarven clans. These clans are made up of other human players and Pineleaf claims it’s the first game of its kind.
DwarfHeim is the first RTS game of its kind and features co-op multiplayer gameplay where you and your team must work together using different classes and abilities to gather resources, defend your city and expand.
CEO of Pineleaf Studio Hans-Anders Leven said;
When we grew up, we loved playing RTS-games, but in recent years the focus has shifted to games we can play with our friends. So at Pineleaf, we wanted to create a fucking REAL co-operational multiplayer RTS. An RTS that you can play with your friends, and that is DwarfHeim.
Set in the land of Agartha, players will need to mine resources and grow their city by expanding into the wilds. Different tactics and strategies will need to be employed while adapting to the enemies who are trying to defeat you.
Pineleaf Studio lists the key features as;
- Competitive & Co-op Multiplayer — Team up with 3 other players in Conquest, a competitive multiplayer game mode. Tear through the enemy team’s defenses and destroy their Town Hall!
- 4 Unique Classes — Choose from Builder, Miner, Warrior, and Diplomat!
- Build, Mine, Defend and Manage — Choose your own strategies, units, buildings and technology that best suits you and your team.
- Single-Player Experience — Sandbox mode: Explore a vast, open area in the single-player. Build your own experience and play alone or with up to 3 friends in the slow-paced sandbox mode. Survival mode: Test your strategies and strength with up to 3 friends or mystic strangers and try to outlive all of the troll waves coming your way.
- Ranked Matchmaking — Rank up by winning competitive matches and face players that match your skill level.
- Friend-Pass — Invite your friends along to play on a free downloadable client of DwarfHeim, even if they haven’t purchased the game!
DwarfHeim is coming to PC and you can add it to your wishlist here.