Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition is a remaster of the original Chrono Cross which was released in Japan and North America on the PSX in 1999 and 2000 respectively. Set in the same universe as Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross follows Serge as he makes his way through a strange new world.
The remaster, will be available digitally for PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One and will include a huge amount of updates, features and improvements.
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition
Square Enix says;
A classic time-bending tale of adventure and friendship, featuring one of the largest and most diverse casts of playable characters of any RPG. With over 40 potential party members, each character brings their own element affinity and unique skills. Additionally, “RADICAL DREAMERS – Le Trésor Interdit -“, a text-based adventure video game released for Sattelaview in 1996, which forms the bedrock of the story, is also included in this edition.
Included in this edition of Chrono Cross are;
- 3D models converted to HD
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki
- Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Switch enemy encounters on or off
- Background filter feature
- Battle enhancement features
- Auto-battle function
- French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
- Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font
- The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West.
- Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition launches digitally on April 7, 2022.