Alongside the launch of Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck, Gearbox and 2K have announced a free update for all players will also be released. This update will increase the level cap in Borderlands 3 to 65, which is an increase of five levels.
This is the largest single level cap increase since the launch of Borderlands 3 and will allow players to find and equip level 65 gear. Additionally, Gearbox and 2K have stated this will be the final level cap increase… “at least for the foreseeable future.”
Borderlands‘ level caps have been traditionally raised when a new DLC is released and so far the level cap has been raised by 10 since launch.
Borderlands 3 Level Cap
The four previous Borderland 3 level caps were 50 at launch, 53 with the first DLC, 57 with the second and 60 with the third. Now, that cap is going to hit 65.
In addition to the level cap, the new DLC will also introduce a bunch of new weapons and legendaries so we’ll be able to see what else Gearbox has come up with and we’ll be trying to get God Rolls on the new and old legendaries alike at level 65.
- Journey through the many demented vistas of Krieg’s psyche, where anything is possible and likely very violent;
- Experience the world as Krieg sees it, including his perception of fan-favourite characters like Maya – the light of his twisted life;
- Overcome a vast array of life-threatening manifestations that Krieg’s mind conjures up;
- Expand Krieg’s mind and Tannis’ research in surreal side missions and Crew Challenges;
- Score powerful Legendary weapons and gear that will still work outside of Krieg’s consciousness, according to Tannis;
- Acquire brain-busting cosmetic items, including Vault Hunter Heads and Skins.
Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck is coming to Borderlands 3 on September 10 and is part of the Season Pass.