Monstrum 2, the multiplayer survival horror title from Junkfish, is now in closed beta. Where Monstrum was a single-player, first-person survival horror game, Monstrum 2 expands the premise and is an asymmetrical, 4v1 multiplayer game.
Retaining the nautical setting of the first game, Monstrum 2 is set on an abandoned sea fortress and features procedurally generated gameplay. Taking cues from Dead By Daylight, Monstrum 2 sees players using stealth and teamwork to escape or take down the survivors.
Scheduled to launch in 2020, players can sign-up for the closed beta at https://www.monstrumgame.com/closed-beta-sign-up.
Monstrum 2[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”542″ display=”pro_sidescroll”]
Junkfish has described the key features as;
Play as a human prisoner
- Use teamwork to complete puzzles, clear obstacles, and unlock new areas.
- Scavenge items that can help you exploit the environment and outwit the monster.
- Stay stealthy by using hiding spots and distractions to your advantage.
Play as a monster
- Master different monsters and use their unique abilities to hunt down the prisoners.
- Smash through walls, climb on ceilings, leap across distances, or teleport to your prey. Each monster leverages the environment in unique ways to ambush unsuspecting players.
When you sign up for the closed beta at https://www.monstrumgame.com/closed-beta-sign-up you can pre-purchase at a discounted price and also gain early access.
Monstrum 2 is coming to PC in 2020. It will launch for PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X at a later date.