WoW Classic players are in for a treat today as Blizzard has announced that Blackwing Lair is now live. This raid dungeon has been added to the game along with the most recent update which includes new reputation rewards, new class quests and a whole lot more. Blackwing Lair is a level 60 raid dungeon and is “for those brave enough to face its dangers. Gather your staunchest allies and prepare to undertake a treacherous journey into the heart of the mountain to reap the treasures within.”
The new update to WoW Classic means players will be able to earn new reputation rewards with the Argent Dawn, Timbermaw Hold, Thorium Brotherhood, Silverwing Sentinels, and Warsong Outriders. There are formulas, patterns, plans, armour, trinkets and weapons up for grabs.
For a full rundown of all the rewards, head to Wowhead.
Players who have reached Level 50 and above will now be able to speak to class trainers in any city and begin a new quest chain. This new quest chain will lead to the Temple of Atal’Hakkar located in the Swamp of Sorrows.
Thousands of years ago, the Gurubashi empire was plunged into civil war by a powerful sect of priests, the Atal’ai, who sought to summon to Azeroth an avatar of their god of blood, Hakkar the Soulflayer. The Gurubash people exiled the Atal’ai to the Swamp of Sorrows where the priests built the Temple of Atal’Hakkar. Ysera, Aspect of the green dragonflight, sank the temple beneath the swamp and assigned wardens to ensure that the summoning rituals never be performed again.
To enter Blackwing Lair, players will need to become attuned. This means completing an attunement quest and once finished, players are able to zone into Blackwing Lair.
Blackwing Lair includes eight bosses that you’ll need to defeat. Each requires different strategies and victory will only come from co-ordination.
- Razorgore the Untamed: Razorgore is tasked with protecting and cultivating various black dragon eggs secreted away in Blackwing Lair.
- Vaelastrasz the Corrupt: Having confronted Nefarian and losing to him in battle, Vaelastrasz has been corrupted and forced to fight Nefarian’s enemies.
- Broodlord Lashlayer: Lashlayer is a drakonid of the black dragonflight. Even though drakonid are not true dragons, the dragonflights often use them as frontline soldiers.
- Firemaw, Ebonroc, and Flamegore: As members of the black dragonflight, each of these imposing dragons are under the command of Nefarian, but ultimately owe their loyalty to Deathwing.
- Chromaggus: A unique chromatic monster created by Nefarian, Chromaggus can harness the power of the various dragonflights against its enemies.
- Nefarian: The lord of Blackrock Spire, Nefarian is a member of the black dragonflight, the eldest son of Deathwing, and creator of the chromatic dragonflight.
Blackwing Lair also gives players the opportunity to continue hunting for Tier 2 armour and will include bracers, belts, boots, gloves, shoulders and chests. The dungeon also offers up some other items including “the Claw of the Black Drake, Chromatically Tempered Sword, and Dragonbreath Hand Cannon,”
Blackwing Lair is now live in WoW Classic.