Autonauts introduces Phase 2 with an update that brings the Industrial Revolution
Autonatuts, the colony creation game developed by Denki, has received a huge update. This free expansion brings the Industrial Revolution to the game and “shifts the automation emphasis to mechanise the mining of coal and metal resources to fuel steam-powered worlds.” In Autonauts, players must colonise new worlds through coding and automation.
This expansion adds Mk 3 bots, advanced rail networks, trains and more. Players can also introduce their own cheats to the game in addition to scripts and content via Steam Workshop.
Autonauts uses a visual programming language called Scratch. Players use Scratch to program their robotic helpers to do most of the heavy lifting. This involves all manner of activities including collecting materials, processing them, cooking, building and more.
Autonauts The Industrial Revolution
The addition of these new gameplay features has improved the gameplay and paved the way for a bigger, better future.
Denki’s Creative Director Gary Penn said;
Who doesn’t love trains? I know I do! And I’m sure Autonauteers old and new will too… Can’t wait to see what joyous madness they make with their automated railways – not to mention the modding!
There’s so much good stuff in our first big update: so many new things to play with and new ways to play and a whole bunch of lovely improvements, many of those inspired by the ever-awesome Autonauts community and their votes on the public suggestions list
Autonauts is now available on PC. Check out the expansion’s trailer below and for a full list of changes and additions, scroll to the bottom.
- New Modding Support
- Players can now upload and download custom scripts, upgrades, buildings and other content to the game via Steam Workshop.
- New Train Networks
- For the first time players can build advanced rail networks and infrastructure to ferry goods and resources around their expanding colonies
- 20 different new structures and 4 new core vehicles including Train Engine and multiple freight options
- New Colonist Evolution
- Expand the evolution of your colonists with the addition of two entirely new categories on the in-game ‘Pyramid to Transcendance’: Health and Education. Make use of leeches and flowers to dispense medicinal aid to sick colonists and ensure they continue generating Wuv, and raise their undernourished intellect with books.
- New Tools & Upgrades
- Steam Hammer
- Jacquard Power Loom
- Super Backpack to store more items
- Memory Upgrade so bots can perform more advanced routines
- Printing Press
- Paper Mill
- New Housing
- Two-Storey Brick House and Mansion
- Suitably Dickensian attire
- Shirt and Tie, Coat and Scarf, Blazer and Cravat
- New Toys
- Horse and Carriage