Blizzard has announced that players are able to dive into the remastered and reforged Warcraft 3 today. Warcraft 3: Reforged will allow players to “relive some of the most epic moments in Azeroth’s history” in this reimagining of the classic game. Warcraft 3: Reforged includes the original game — Reign of Chaos — and the expansion; The Frozen Throne.
Overall, players will be able to tackle more than 60 missions across four factions Orcs, Humans, Night Elves and Undead. Playing through Warcraft 3: Reforged will shed light on some of the key moments in Azeroth’s history as well as reintroduce characters like Thrall, Jaina, Sylvanas and more.
Featuring a top-to-bottom overhaul of the visuals and sound, Warcraft 3: Reforged also includes “up-to-date social and matchmaking features.”
Warcraft 3: Reforged[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”399″ display=”basic_slideshow” gallery_width=”1140″ autoplay=”0″ arrows=”1″ transition_style=”slide” show_thumbnail_link=”0″]
Blizzard says that the features of Warcraft 3: Reforged are;
- Complete Graphical Overhaul: Warcraft III: Reforged brings the original game into the modern era with fully overhauled characters, structures, environments, animations, and graphical effects.
- Multiplayer Between Versions: Players will be able to do battle with anyone who plays Warcraft III, regardless of whether they’re playing the original or Reforged.
- Higher-Fidelity Audio: Warcraft III’s audio has been remastered and improved for Reforged, including the game’s original voice-over recordings.
- Rebuilt World Editor: Reforged features an all-new World Editor designed to empower the game’s longstanding creator community to reach new heights, with hundreds of new triggers, LUA scripting support, new tools for importing models, and more enhancements planned for the future.
- Full Battle.net Implementation: Players will enjoy the full suite of Battle.net features to bolster their Warcraft III experience, including text and voice chat, groups, and seamless installation and patching.
Warcraft 3: Reforged is available digitally from the Blizzard Shop. It costs $44.95 AUD. Players can also purchase the Spoils of War Edition for $59.95 AUD which includes skins for Arthas, Cenarius, Jaina, and Thrall and bonuses for other Blizzard games.
The bonuses include the Meat Wagon mount in World of Warcraft, Third War cardback in Hearthstone, Mal’ganis pet in Diablo III and more.