Sold Out and developer No More Robots have announced a physical release of Descenders which will be available at the same time as the digital release. Coming to both PS4 and Switch, Descenders is a downhill mountain biking game featuring procedurally generated worlds. From the trailer (below), it looks as though Descenders shares some gameplay similarities with the Trials series, albeit without the powered vehicles.
No More Robots’ Director Mike Rose said;
We’re extremely excited to work with Sold Out on the retail releases for Descenders.
Our players have been begging us for a physical release for a while now, so getting to work with Sold Out on a worldwide retail release is essentially fulfilling a long-standing dream for all of us.
According to No More Robots, Descenders will feature;
- A Modern Take on an Extreme Sport
- Procedurally generated worlds: Take on different jumps, slopes and hill bombs every time you play
- Freestyle bike controls: Control every subtle movement of your rider, with an in-depth physics system made for slick whips and scrubs
- Rogue-Bike: Earn special mutators each time you play and work out which abilities work best for your riding style
- Build your Rep: A fully-featured online Rep system lets you show off your worth and earn new bikes and threads
- Fully licensed soundtrack: Partnering with drum & bass label Liquicity to deliver the perfect soundtrack for hitting the mountains
- Become the next Descender: Can you survive the game in a single run and reach the ranks of the legendary Descenders?
Descenders heads to PS4 and Switch later this year.