Fortnite Summer Smash is returning to the Australian Open 2020
Epic has announced that the Fortnite Summer Smash is returning to the Australian Open in 2020. Some of the biggest names in gaming and Fortnite will be in attendance and competing for a share of $500,000. The Fortnite Summer Smash will include both solos and a special Trios event. The Charity Pro-Am Trios event takes place on February 1 with the Solos occurring on February 2.
The Charity Pro-Am will feature Trios made of a sports and entertainment personality, a pro gamer and a content creator. Thirty teams will compete with the winners donating their share of the $100,000 to the charity of their choice.
The Charity Pro-Am will take place on the floor or Margaret Court and the full roster of teams and players will be revealed over the next few weeks.
Fortnite Summer Smash 2020
The Solos event will take place on February 2 and will include 90 of the world’s best pro Fortnite players competing for a share of $400,000. The competition will run across six rounds.
Confirmed players are as follows;
- Lachlan: Youtube: 12.3 million, Twitter: 1.1 million, 1.7 million
- Lazarbeam: Youtube: 12.3 million, Twitter: 769k, Instagram: 1.8 million
- Muselk: Youtube: 8.15 million, Twitter: 850k, Instagram: 1.1 million
- MrFreshAsian: Youtube: 2.64 million, Instagram: 1.3 million, Twitter: 297k
- Loserfruit: Youtube: 1.84 million, Instagram: 810k, Twitter: 374k
- Mully: Youtube: 1.41 million, Instagram: 163k
- Faze Replays: Youtube: 867k, Instagram: 576k, Twitter: 399k
- BenjyFishy: Youtube: 494K, Instagram: 1.1million, Twitter: 444.5k
- Tannar: Youtube: 694k, Instagram: 375k, Twitter: 71.2k
- Mitr0: Youtube: 371k, Twitter: 347k
- Jaomock: Youtube: 160k, Instagram: 96.4k, Twitter: 232.5k
- X2Twins: Youtube: 263k, Instagram: 67.2k, Twitter: 45.4k
- Nyhrox: Youtube: 34.7k, Instagram: 129k, Twitter: 125.7k
- Solary Airwaks: Youtube: 71k, Instagram: 171k, Twitter: 163k
- AlexAce: Youtube: 871k
Fortnite Summer Smash organiser Mark Riedy said of the event;
Competitive gaming is the fastest growing sport in the world, and to be able to tap into that audience and bring to life an event of this scale at one of the biggest sporting events in the Australian Open is something we are incredibly proud of.
In our first year the Summer Smash generated more than 11 million views on YouTube alone, and hundreds of thousands of fans tuned into live broadcasts via digital platforms. We know the potential this event has and want to ensure we continue to build year-on-year to be one of the best competitive gaming events not only in the Asia Pacific region, but the world
The confirmed players for the Solos event are;
More players will be announced ahead of the event so keep your eyes on the Aus Open Twitter and website. You can purchase tickets to the event from Ticketmaster.
Tickets start at $54 for adults and $10 for children. A specific Fortnite Summer Smash ticket is required to access the Aus Open grounds.
Fortnite Summer Smash will take place at the Australian Open on February 1 and 2.