All the winners of the 2019 Australian Game Developer Awards
The Australian Game Developer Awards (AGDAs) are an annual celebration of the talent in the Australian game development industry held during Melbourne International Games Week (MIGW). Last week the 2019 AGDAs were selected by the Game Developers’ Association of Australia, capping off Game Connect Asia Pacific (GCAP).
Game of the Year—Untitled Goose Game
It probably comes as no surprise to anyone that the wildly popular Untitled Goose Game of Melbourne studio House House was a big winner, also walking away with Best Sound Design.
We loved Untitled Goose Game, check out our review.
Studio of the Year—Mighty Kingdom
Adelaide-based studio Mighty Kingdom had a mighty win, walking away with the Studio of the Year award. Founded in 2011, Mighty Kingdom has worked with Disney, Moose Toys (creators of the Shopkins brand), and LEGO to release several beloved mobile titles over the years.
Here is the full list of this year’s nominees and winners.
- Best Art – Void Bastards, Blu Manchu Games
- Best Serious Game – Bleached Az, Chaos Theory Games
- Best Narrative – The Black Widow, Flux
- Best Gameplay – JumpGrid, Ian MacLarty
- Best AR/VR – Paper Fire Rookie, Ultimerse
- Best Sound Design – Untitled Goose Game, House House
- APRA AMCOS Award for Best Music – Frog Detective: The Haunted Island, Worm Club
- Industry Champion – Ally McLean
- Lighting The Way – Rae Johnston
- Adam Lanceman Award – Liam Routt
- Game of the Year – Untitled Goose Game, House House
- Studio of the Year – Mighty Kingdom
Congratulations to all of this year’s nominees and winners!