Saviors of Uldum Tombs of Terror is Hearthstone’s next solo adventure
Now that Saviors of Uldum has been available for a month, Blizzard has announced the next solo adventure for Hearthstone. Tombs of Terror is Saviors of Uldum’s PvE content and it’s coming to Hearthstone later this month. Like The Dalaran Heist, Tombs of Terror will be released over time and the first chapter will be available for free.
In Tombs of Terror, players will “step into the well-worn boots of the League of Explorers” as they adventure through cities and ruins.
Hearthstone Tombs of Terror will present players with unique challenges as they’re faced with a range of enemies and opponents before finally reaching the four Plague Lords.
Hearthstone Tombs of Terror
As players progress through the Tombs of Terror, they’ll earn and unlock hero-specific signature treasures. Blizzard says that these treasures will “level-up” the explorers so that they stand a chance against the Plague Lords.
The Plague Lords aren’t your standard enemies either. Instead, they’re “gruelling multi-phase slugfests against persistent bosses who must be defeated across multiple runs.”
Tombs of Terror will feature Hearthstone’s first-ever dual-class heroes who come with unique hero powers and deck options. These heroes are;
- Elise Starseeker, the Enlightened, ventures forth from her library armed with centuries of knowledge as well as the restorative magic of a Priest and the ferocity of a Druid.
- Dino-tamer Brann Bronzebeard unites the bravery and fortitude of a Warrior with the marksmanship and animal kinship of a Hunter.
- Sir Finley Mrrglton of the Sands, a sophisticated gentle-murloc, rallies a Paladin’s knightly valour with the tribal Shaman powers of his amphibious brethren.
- Reno Jackson, Relicologist, is a treasure-hunting Rogue with a heart of gold who has picked up
- enough mystic mumbo jumbo on his adventures to haphazardly sling Mage spells.
Like all solo adventures in Hearthstone, Tombs of Terror is fully voice-acted and delivers a brand-new story to fans of the game and World of Warcraft.
J. Allen Brack, President of Blizzard said;
We’ve always carried a torch for the classic dungeon crawl and with Tombs of Terror, we set out to create our deepest and most replayable Solo Adventure yet.
With so many new deckbuilding options to unlock for the dual-class heroes and all of the signature treasures to acquire, we hope players love exploring the Tombs of Terror again and again.
Tombs of Terror’s first chapter is launching free on September 18, 2019, and stars Reno Jackson. Reno will face off against the Plague Lord of Murlocs before Chapters 2, 3 and 4 launch at a later date. Completing all four chapters and defeating all four Plague Lords will unlock one final battle.
Each chapter can be purchased separately for 700 in-game gold or $9.50 AUD. Alternatively, players can purchase all four chapters for $19.95 AUD. Finally, a special Tombs of Terror Deluxe Adventure bundle is available now and includes all four chapters, a random Legendary card from Saviors of Uldum and a League of Explorers-themed card back. The deluxe bundle costs $26.95 AUD.
Tombs of Terror begins on September 18.