Digital Extremes has announced that Gauss, the 41st Warframe is coming to the PC version of the game this week. The Gauss Warframe is part of the Saint of Altra update hitting Warframe for PC which also includes Disruption Mode expanded across the Origin system and new cosmetics.
Disruption Mode is an endless gameplay type that was introduced in The Jovian Concord. Along with the Gauss Warframe, the Saint of Altra update expands Disruption Mode to six additional planets.
Finally, the update will introduce new skins and collectibles.
Gauss is a Warframe designed for speed and uses kinetic energy to ”
wield an assortment of powerful moves and Abilities.” The abilities of this Warframe include;
- MACH RUSH: Burst into a hyper-sprint to run across water, traverse across large areas faster, bowl over enemies and re-charge his Speed Gauge. Crashing into solid objects generates a powerful shockwave.
- KINETIC PLATING: Generate armor plating that converts a portion of absorbed Kinetic Damage into Energy. Also protects Gauss from being staggered or knocked down. Damage Resistance is relative to battery level.
- THERMAL SUNDER: Siphon kinetic energy from the area, charging the battery and inflicting Cold Status on nearby enemies. Press and hold to reverse the process, draining the battery and inflicting Heat Status on nearby enemies.
- REDLINE: Push Gauss’ battery beyond the redline, supercharging his Abilities and setting Fire Rate, Attack Speed, Reload Speed, and Holster Rate into overdrive. When past the redline, bolts of arcing electricity dance periodically from Gauss, exploding en masse when the ability is deactivated.
- PASSIVE: Never stop moving. Keeping Gauss in motion generates an electrical current that charges his Speed Gauge, helping Shields recharge up to 80% faster, and decreasing recharge delay up to 80%.
To build this new Warframe, simply use parts acquired free in-game or purchase it from the Marketplace. Gauss is available standalone or as part of a bundle.
Disruption Modes expansion adds new enemies and more rewards than ever and players will find Disruption nodes at;
- Grineer Settlement – Mars, Olympus
- Corpus Outpost – Neptune, Laomedeia
- Grineer Galleon – Sedna, Kelpie (Grineer)
- Grineer Galleon – Uranus, Ur (Infested)
- Grineer Kuva Fortress – Kuva Fortress, Tamu
- Lua – Lua, Apollo (Corpus)
The new cosmetic items coming with the Saint of Altra update include the Harrow Deluxe Collection, Shawzin Hero emote, Infested Dojo Decoration Set and more.
New Look Link and Mod Link Chat features enable players to create a link to their Warframe or loadout which can be shared in chat. Links can be used to import designs and loadouts from other players to speed up ”
the ability to expand one’s Warframe ‘wardrobe.'”
The Saint of Altra update and Gauss will be coming to PC this week. Console players can expect the update within September.