Chibig Studio’s Kickstarter for Summer in Mara has been a huge success. Seeking $31,968 AUD and having already raised $114,164 AUD with 13 days remaining, Summer in Mara will be released for PC, PS4 and Switch in September 2019.
Described as a combination of The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker and Stardew Valley, Summer in Mara is an adventure game about tending to your own island. Players will farm, craft and sail as well as discover new islands to tend to as well.
Chibig Studio writes;
Summer in Mara is an adventure at your own pace. Take care of your island and customize it as you want. Explore an open ocean full of places to travel and people to meet and trade with.
Set in a tropical ocean, Summer in Mara is a single-player game about farming and crafting, with an easy-RPG system and exploration elements. You’ll be Koa, a little adventurer who has to take care of her own island.
Summer in Mara
When players discover new islands they’ll be able to trade, bargain and chat. Each of these new characters has a story to tell and after meeting them, players can return home and improve their island with the resources they collected.
Features of Summer in Mara include;
- More than 150 quests to make the world a better place
- Over 20 characters to meet and trade with. Befriend them
- More than 130 inventory items to craft, use, and trade
- Improve your boat, make it bigger and faster
- Unlock and acquire new skills and abilities for Koa, helping her to craft, trade and explore in an easy-RPG system
- Day and night cycle with climate events
To Kickstart Summer in Mara, $26 AUD will see you rewarded with;
- An artbook with all the concepts, illustrations, and work from our artists
- The amazing OST by Paco Mitos and Adrián Berenguer
- A diorama of Mara beaches
- A soft and cute Summer in Mara plushie
- And, of course, a tropical ukulele
Summer in Mara will be released for PC, PS4 and Switch. An Xbox One version will be released should the Kickstarter reach €125,000.