SEGA has announced that Eggman and Sonic’s other villains will be joining Team Sonic Racing as the final team. In addition to Eggman, players will have to deal with Metal Sonic and Zavok.
In Team Sonic Racing players race together in teams and features characters and worlds from across the Sonic franchise.
Playable in both online and local multiplayer, Team Sonic Racing has a focus on co-operation. It also includes vehicle customisation to help players get the edge of their competition.
Team Sonic Racing
This diabolical team features;
- Eggman [Technique] – a.k.a. Dr. Ivo Robotnik is the main archenemy of Sonic, with a personal goal of achieving world domination
- Metal Sonic [Speed] – one of Eggman’s lethal creations, this cold, violent machine aims to prove that he’s the better hedgehog between him and the Blue Blur
- Zavok [Heavy] – the leader of the Deadly Six, a demon-like being that continues to battle Sonic and friends whenever the opportunity arises
Team Sonic Racing’s gameplay video below demonstrates the unique and special team moves featured in the game. These are;
- Skimboost: Boost struggling teammates back into action as you drive by!
- Slingshot: Slipstream a teammate for a slingshot boost!
- Rival Takedown: Knock out highlighted opponents ahead and speed past them!
- Item Box Transfer: Send and receive Wisps with teammates anywhere on the track!
- Team Ultimate: Use Team Mechanics to fill your Team Ultimate meter and unleash a massive team boost!
Team Sonic Racing will be available May 21, 2019 for PS4, Switch and Xbox One.