Warframe’s Profit Taker Update Hits PCs
We were only just advised last week that it would be coming and it has already hit the servers. The big Fortuna Part 2 update is out, and it’s got a cute new title; The Profit Taker!
This is of course named after the Orb Mother that players will now be able to engage, representing a new end-game (of sorts) boss battle within the Orb Vallis. We know there are four Orb mothers, so there are more updates to come, but this update comes packed with goodies.
Console players, given you’ve only just received the first part of the Fortuna release, you shouldn’t expect this until the New Year. And Switch players? Sadly, there’s no news on the Fortuna release for you just yet, but I’m hoping it’s not too far away…
Warframe Profit Taker
So, what’s coming in this update? Glad you asked!
- Orb Heists: this is, of course, the main part of the update, given the update is named after it. Look for the Backroom in Fortuna once you’ve reached the rank of Old Mate
- Atmosphere Arch-Wing Weapons: yes, you can now use Primary Arch-Wing weapons on foot!
- You’ll get the gear you need to achieve this by completing the Orb Heists.
- New music! New songs for out in the Vallis, and Fortuna songs in the Somachord player.
- Nyx and Titania changes
- Baruuk, the monkframe: He’s here! You can get his parts from the Vox Solaris Syndicate, so get to grinding!
- New conservation animals! And of course… new Floofs!
- New lore: find new fragments out in the Vallis (these look like Debt Bonds) to find out more about some of the NPCs in Fortuna!
- A bunch of new weapons, HEAPS of new mods, new skins, new Operator hair and cosmetics, new Amps, Amp Arcanes, new Operator Arcanes, new warframe cosmetics, new UI themes, captura scenes, Orbiter decorations, and…
- … much, much more
I know I’m excited, but I’ll have to wait until it hits console before I can join in.
You need to be at max rank with Solaris United to have access to the Orb Heists, and I’m WAY off that rank on PC! Hopefully, we console players don’t have too long to wait – but PC players, let us know your thoughts!
(For more detail on the update, see the Official Forum post!)
This article was originally posted at Cephalon Squared and has been reposted here with permission.