The Dawning 2018 kicked off with this week’s Destiny 2 reset and there are a few choice goodies to be had if you are willing to put in the time. The Legendary Avalanche heavy machine gun is one of the first items you can get as a reward for feeding hardcore Zavala some Gjallardoodles.
Being a Christmas themed event, The Dawning 2018 lets Guardians bake their own cookies.
That’s right. The Dawning 2018 is all about recipes, baking and cookies.
The Dawning 2018 Recipes and Ingredients
To get started, talk to Eva Levante in the Tower. She will give you some ingredients that you can use for your first bake.
After that you can get daily bounties from her that will reward you with Essence of Dawning. You can use this to buy ingredients from her or, you could just go out and grind some for yourself.
There are two types of ingredients needed to bake; Uncommon Enemy ingredients and Rare Kill ingredients. These ingredients drop from killing enemies anywhere in the game.
It’s convenient because you can farm these as you do all your other daily or weekly activities.
Uncommon Enemy ingredients
These drop from simply killing certain enemies and will get added to your inventory.
- Vex Milk — collected from Vex
- Ether Cane — collected from Fallen
- Cabal Oil — collected from Cabal
- Chitin Powder — collected from Hive
- Taken Butter — collected from Taken
- Dark Ether Cane — collected from Scorn
Rare Kill ingredients
These can be gained by killing enemies in a specific way. Again, you can farm these easily with all your other daily activities.
- Delicious Explosions — explosive kills of any kind (class grenade, rocket launcher, grenade launcher)
- Sharp Flavor — sword kills on any enemy type
- Impossible Heat — solar kills with either class abilities or weapon element
- Electric Flavor — Arc kills with either class abilities or weapon element
- Null Taste — Void kills with either class abilities or weapon element
- Flash of Inspiration — generate Orbs of Light with Masterwork weapons or supers
- Personal Touch — melee kills on any enemy type
- Perfect Taste — precision kills on any enemy type
- Bullet Spray — kills with automatic weapons (heavy machine gun, auto rifle, submachine gun)
Alright, let’s get cooking
After you get your ingredients, you can take them back to Eva and bake certain recipes.
These recipes will often be something that a vendor somewhere in the tower or the solar system will want. Deliver your fresh treats and you’ll be rewarded with some loot.
- Vanilla Blades for Lord Shaxx — Cabal Oil, Sharp Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Gjallardoodles for Commander Zavala — Ether Cane, Delicious Explosion, Essence of Dawning
- Eliksni Birdseed for Hawthorne — Ether Cane, Personal Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Chocolate Ship Cookies for Amanda Holliday — Cabal Oil, Null Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Infinite Forest Cake for Failsafe — Vex Milk, Impossible Heat, Essence of Dawning
- Gentleman’s Shortbread for Devrim Kay — Ether Cane, Perfect Taste, Essence of Dawning
- Burnt Edge Transits for Master Rahool — Cabal Oil, Personal Touch, Essence of Dawning
- Traveler Donut Holes for Ikora — Cabal Oil, Flash of Inspiration, Essence of Dawning
- Candy Dead Ghosts for The Spider — Dark Ether Cane, Flash of Inspiration, Essence of Dawning
- Telemetry Tapioca for Banshee-44 — Vex Milk, Bullet Spray, Essence of Dawning
- Radiolarian Pudding for Asher Mir — Vex Milk, Electric Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Strange Cookies for Xur— Taken Butter, Electric Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Alkane Dragee Cookies for Sloane — Chitin Powder, Bullet Spray, Essence of Dawning
- Ill-Fortune Cookies for Petra Venj— Dark Ether Cane, Impossible Heat, Essence of Dawning
- Javelin Mooncake for Ana Bray — Chitin Powder, Sharp Flavor, Essence of Dawning
- Dark Chocolate Motes for The Drifter — Taken Butter, Null Taste, Essence of Dawning
Show me the loot
Completing these, er, pastry quests will obviously give you some special Dawning rewards.
These will differ from vendor to vendor. An even longer quest will net you the awesome Dawning Cheer sparrow so get going.
Just get into the spirit of things and try out different combinations of things. It’s part of the fun!