Magic The Gathering Arena enters open beta at the end of September
The Magic The Gathering Arena Open Beta is coming at the end of this month. Having spent six months in closed beta, Wizards of the Coast has announced that the digital version of the Grandaddy of all collectable card games will enter open beta on September 28.
Magic The Gathering Arena Open Beta features one-to-one gameplay parity with the physical version and it’s free-to-play.
Magic The Gathering was first launched over 25 years ago and has gone through numerous evolutions and changes. However, no change has been so radical as to transport the entire game to a digital format.
Magic The Gathering Arena Open Beta
If you were one of the lucky ones who managed to gain entry to the closed beta, you know what to expect from Magic The Gathering Arena. If not, you’re in for a treat. Not only is Magic The Gathering Arena a perfect digital recreation of the tabletop game, but it’s also slick, stylish and easy to learn.
Arena has been designed to ensure it doesn’t compromise Magic’s complex and rewarding gameplay. According to Wizards of the Coast;
Every decision you make matters in Arena. With thousands of cards available, new synergies to uncover, and new strategies to develop, there are plenty of decisions to make.
Existing CCG players and Magic fans will love the depth of the game and find new challenges with every selection.
If you’re already an Arena player, the Magic The Gathering Arena Open Beta has new stuff for you to enjoy too. The new features included in the open beta are;
- Bringing physical and digital together (limit one per account)
- Every Guilds of Ravnica Planeswalker deck will contain a unique code to unlock the same deck on Arena.
- Every Prerelease pack will contain a unique code to unlock entry to 1 sealed event on Arena
- Players can open Boosters and try and unlock 3 FREE boosters on Arena
- New Music, New Art, New Battlefields
- New Game Mode: Sealed Events
- New Card Set: Guilds of Ravnica
- Free Singleton Event Entry For All Players Until October 2
All of the existing and new features of Magic The Gathering Arena will be available in the Open Beta from 6 am AEST, September 28, 2018. If you’re keen to see what all the fuss is about, check out the two trailers below.