2K to publish The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA Tour
2K, HB Studios and PGA Tour have announced today that 2K will publish The Golf Clun 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR. Long titles aside, The Golf Club 2019 is the next instalment of the golf sim franchise and the first to feature the official PGA Tour license.
Available now digitally, The Golf Club 2019 will be headed to retail this spring.
HB Studios has worked with 2K Sports juggernauts Visual Concepts to make The Golf Club 2019 the most realistic and authentic golf sim available to players.
The Golf Club 2019
Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts said of the announcement;
HB Studios has an established and impressive track record in sports simulation game development, and from its early plans for The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR, we saw significant potential in both the game and future of the franchise.
With a solid foundation and talented team in place, we’re eager to leverage our collective strengths and make a notable impact for golf and simulation sports enthusiasts everywhere.
Alan Bunker, CEO of HB Studios said that he was “immensely proud of all the hard work” the team at HB Studios had put into The Golf Club 2019. He was also excited to be able to feature the PGA Tour license in the game.
Features of The Golf Club 2019 include;
- Improved ball physics, swing mechanics, swing feedback and other core gameplay mechanics;
- Unparalleled visual fidelity powered by award-winning and industry-leading SpeedTree® technology often used in top blockbuster games and films;
- Overhauled user interface delivering a fresh look and feel.
- Players will embark on an authentic journey through Q-School and the Web.com Tour, earning the right to play in a 32-tournament PGA TOUR season;
- Season play includes beautifully precise replicas of PGA TOUR courses that are accurate down to one-meter of resolution of the real-life courses;
- Players will forge rivalries and land sponsorships en route to competing in the FedExCup Playoffs, with the ultimate goal of becoming a FedExCup Champion.
- Players will compete on featured courses through matchmaking or chose from any available course for private matches;
- Go head to head or play as a team with friends in any one of six game formats, including the new additions of Skins and Alt-Shot.
The Golf Club 2019 is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One via digital stores. A retail version will launch in Spring.