Fortnite update 3.5 adds new weapons, new characters, new items and the brand new Replay feature. Along with the new ways to play, Replay lets players save a video of their matches and watch them back from any angle.
How awesome is that?
Fortnite update 3.5 also adds the Port-a-Fort item to Battle Royale, the 50v50 Battle Royal mode and makes a host of balance changes and bug fixes.
Fortnite Update 3.5
Replay is an all-new content creation system that allows players to save video of matches, edit it a fun and exciting ways and watch it back. Fortnite is already one of, if not the, biggest games on Twitch and with Replay, it’s guaranteed to gain an even large following.
According to Epic;
With a suite of cinematic settings you can now capture your most memorable moments, highlights and cinematics. We can’t wait to see what you create. You have an opportunity to win phenomenal prizes with the Replay system… very soon
What the prizes are that players can win is unknown as is the way the competitions will be run. It’s likely that the prizes will be in-game content and hopefully, the competitions will be voted on by the community.
Fornite has a huge and active community so by opening up Replay and its competitions to the community makes a lot of sense.
Replay will be exclusive to Battle Royale and is currently only available on PC and console.
The Port-A-Fort item has been teased over the last week and allows players to fortify their position in a few seconds. Epic has listed the following information for the Port-A-For;
- Epic Rarity.
- Drops in stacks of 1. Can stack up to 5 in inventory.
- When the Port-a-Fort is thrown, a pre-made fort is constructed instantly at the impact point.
- The Port-a-Fort is made out of metal and is three stories tall.
- The bottom floor is 1×1 with a door for entry. Tires inside allow for easy access to the roof.
In addition to Replay and Port-A-Fort, the other main additions in Fortnite update 3.5 are four new heroes and special neon weapons. The heroes have a cyberpunk theme as do the weapons which seem to be energy weapons that can illuminate the battle.
Fortnite Battle Royale
In addition to the new objects, characters, weapons etc, Fortnite update 3.5 makes some general changes to improve the game’s quality of life. These changes are;
- Wood, Stone, and Metal resources will now always be the first items in the inventory list (e.g. instead of Traps).
- Purchased V-Bucks are now shared between Xbox One, PC and Mobile.
- Login Queue Improvements:
- During wait periods, login will now remember your place in line if you quit out of the game and return.
- Mobile devices will not enter the login queue more than once per login attempt.
- Two-Factor Authentication challenges will not put you back into the login queue.
For the full patch notes, including all bug fixes, changes and additions, head to the Fortnite blog.
Fortnite is free-to-play on PC, PS4, Xbox One and mobile (Android and iOS).