The day has finally arrived sneakerheads. Launching today, Nike’s PlayStation x PG2 in Australia.
These shoes are a collaboration between NBA All-Star Paul George, Nike and PlayStation. Specially designed to evoke the DualShock 4 and to celebrate George’s love of gaming.
The shoes were launched in the United States last week, but were delays for the PlayStation x PG2 in Australia meant they were pushed back until today.
We can now confirm that only two Footlocker stores in the entire country will be stocking the PlayStation x PG2 in Australia.
PlayStation x PG2 in Australia
Sneakerheads in Melbourne and Sydney are in luck as the George Street Footlocker in Sydney and Bourke Street Footlocker in Melbourne will have stock.
However, with only two stores offering the PlayStation x PG2 in Australia, you can guarantee stock numbers are extremely limited.
The RRP for the sneakers in Australia is $160 AUD. You can bet that the price will skyrocket once they’re sold out.
We’ve found pairs of the shoes available online for $630 USD. It’s clear they’re popular with fans and collectors.
The PlayStation x PG2 includes the following features;
- The tongues of the shoe sport the PG and PlayStation logos, which illuminate and pulsate blue just like when turning on the console
- The back heel of the left shoe has a unique barcode that contains a PSN voucher code, which can be redeemed at PlayStation Store for a Paul George Dynamic Theme for PS4
- The colours of the sneaker pay homage to the buttons on the DualShock 4 controller
- The iconic PlayStation symbols are embossed in patent leather on each shoe
- The look of the PG Dynamic Theme is reflected in the sock liner on each shoe
Good luck getting your hands on them
If you’re willing to go line-up this morning in Sydney or Melbourne you may have a chance of getting your hands on a pair. For the rest of us, we can only dream.
Here’s hoping additional shipments of the PlayStation x PG2 in Australia are forthcoming.
For more information on today’s launch, check out Footlocker’s The Locker app.