2K and Firaxis have announced the “War of the Chosen” expansion for XCOM 2. Available now for PC and coming to PS4 and Xbox One next week, the “War of the Chosen” introduces a wealth of new features.
In “War of the Chosen,” ADVENT has deployed three new aliens into battle, dubbed the Chosen. These three powerful units are unique enemies, whose mission is to capture the Commander. Each is adept at asymmetrical warfare and can kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM soldiers.
New ADVENT: Chosen
- The Hunter stalks its prey from across the map: tracking, wounding and disabling XCOM units at range;
- The Warlock utilizes a variety of psionic abilities to sow destruction on the battlefield;
- The Assassin are a stealth-based melee unit who prefers to fight at close range, preying upon XCOM units with her katana.
ADVENT isn’t the only group with new soldiers. XCOM also has three brand new factions to draw from.
New XCOM classes
- The Reapers are infiltration specialists and stealth marksmen living on the fringe of society.Reapers utilize a powerful weapon called the Vektor rifle, as well as a special Claymore explosive – a targetable incendiary device that, when placed and activated, does not cause the Reaper to break Concealment;
- The Skirmishers are former ADVENT soldiers who have chosen to rebel against their masters. The Skirmisher is an offensive powerhouse, capable of dealing with threats running the gamut from up close to afar, armed with a grappling hook to help close distance and a wrist mounted Ripjack capable of piercing the enemy with deadly force;
- The Templars are a reclusive, monastic group of soldiers that have dedicated themselves to pushing their minds and bodies with psionic energy to the brink of humanity, honing their psionic energy with religious fervor into powerful weapons.
In addition to the new classes and characters, “War of the Chosen” introduces plenty of content. Players will need to fight new alien and ADVENT threats, engage with them in new environments, take part in new mission objectives and take part in the new Challenge mode.
XCOM 2 “War of the Chosen” is available now for PC and will be available for PS4 and Xbox One from September 12.